Our first night meeting.
Tony is organizing an evening outdoor meeting, details below.
Compton G Camera Club
Tettenhall Christmas Lights
Meet on Tettenhall Upper Green at 16:00 on 30 November (Sunset at 15:58)
- Warm Clothing (It’s the last day of November, cold is part of the job description)
- Tripod (If you have a spare please bring it so someone without one can use it)
- If the weather is bad and your camera isn’t weather sealed – a rain cover. (A simple plastic bag will work with a rubber band to hold it in place, or if you’re rich search “camera rain cover” on Amazon)
- Spare memory card(s)
- Spare battery. (Don’t forget to charge it)
Nice to have
- Remote trigger
- A flask with something warm in it.
What do you need to know (or have at least looked at in your camera manual )
- How to set your camera to manual operation or if it doesn’t have manual how to get at the night time auto settings if it has any.
- Does your camera allow you to manually focus? If so how do you do it?
- How to save as RAW, jpg or both.
- How to turn off any shake/vibration reduction your camera has. (On a tripod this can introduce its’ own vibration)
- Does your camera have exposure bracketing? (Useful to get the correct exposure or combining for HDR)
- Does your camera have white balance bracketing? (In mixed artificial light this is very useful)
- How to use the self timer (To damp vibration if you don’t have a remote release)
7/12/16 Your Pictures – “I spy with my little eye, something beginning with …….. If you have not picked your letter then see Jon a.s.a.p.
Please feel free to bring several pictures up to a maximum of ten for each meeting.